Flat Tax Registration(2024 Extended Rates)
Tax Rates vs Tax Bands vs Tax Brackets
- A tax rate band is the amount of income which will be taxed at a particular percentage (tax rate). The current tax rates are 40%, 60%, and 80%
- Example: the 60-40 tax reporting method is the most common. Using this method, the taxpayer deducts 60% of annual income, and pays tax on the remaining 40%
- Each tax bracket is a range of income with a different tax rate.
- In the Czech Republic, flat tax brackets are divided into earners up to 1 000 000 CZK, up to 1 500 000 CZK, or up to 2 000 000.
- The flat tax rate bands are further divided by the taxpayer’s reported deductible expenses: either at 40%, 60%, or 80%.
Tax Rates: 40%, 60%, and 80%
- 80% of income from agricultural production, forestry and water management and income from craft trades; however, you can claim expenses up to the amount of 1 600 000 CZK
- 60% of income from trade business; however, you can claim up to 1 200 000 CZK
- 40% of other income from independent activities (with the exception of income according to paragraph 1 letter. (d) and paragraph 6), however, you can claim up to CZK 800 000
- 30% of rental income from commercial property; however, expenses up to CZK 600 000 can be claimed at most.
Flat Tax Rate Band 1
- For annual income up to CZK 1 million, no matter where the income derives from; or
- Annual income up to CZK 1,5 million if at least 75% of income is from self-employment that can be reported using the 80-20 or 60-40 method; or
- Annual income up to CZK 2 million if at least 75% of income is from self-employment in which a tax rate of 80% can be applied
Flat Tax Rate Band 2
- For annual income up to CZK 1,5 million, no matter of the activity which the income derives from; or:
- Annual income up to CZK 2 million if at least 75% of income is from self-employment that can be reported using the 80-20 or 60-40 method
Flat Tax Rate Band 3
- For annual income up to CZK 2 million, no matter of the activity which the income derives from
Advantages and disadvantages to flat tax reporting
Get professional support from Pexpats
Why not make your life easier? Pexpats handles anything and everything expats need: consultation services, fulfilling appointments, filing applications, visiting official offices and much more. Simply book a spot with one of our professional advisors to get started today.