google review img of selected blog image

How to get a criminal clearance report?

If you want to apply for a Czech long-term visa, get a Trade licence or register a company, among other documents you should provide a criminal clearance report from your home country. If you are applying for a long-term visa you should also provide a criminal clearance report from the country/countries in which you have resided continuously for more than 6 months in the last 3 years, or, in the absence of such a document, the applicant's statement (Only for US citizen) Certificates from criminal records are issued by the local police department in your home country. It should be officially translated to the Czech language and it might need an apostille or super legalization.

If you are a US citizen you should make an appointment at the US embassy in the Czech Republic and sign an affidavit confirming you haven’t committed any crime. You can make an online appointment at the US embassy, they will provide the proper form to fill out and sign in person. The cost of an affidavit is 50 US $.

Let Pexpats handle everything!

Why not make your life easier? Pexpats handles anything and everything expats need: consultation services, fulfilling appointments, filing applications, visiting official offices and much more. Simply book a spot with one of our professional advisors to get started today.

Get assistance

Get in Touch

Please fill the form as accurate as possible, our team is ready to help you make your stay in the Czech Republic a breeze!

Select Your
Citizenship Status