selected blog image

What are the super legalization and the apostille?


In order to be accepted by the given authority, some documents have to be apostilled. Apostille of the documents issued in the Czech republic are authorized by the Czech Ministry of Justice and  Apostille of foreign documents are authorized by a local Ministry of foreign affairs.
Need help with arranging the apostle? Please check out our service

Albania Andorra Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Australia Azerbaijan Bahamas Barbados Belgium Belize Belorussia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Brunei Bulgaria Cook islands Montenegro Hongkong Macao Denmark Dominican Republic Ecuador Estonia Fiji Finland France + French Polynesia, French Territory of the Afars and the Issas, Guadalupe, French Guyana, Comoro Islands, Martinique, New Caledonia, Reunion, Saint Pierre, and Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna. Grenada Georgia Germany Honduras Croatia India Ireland Iceland Italy Israel Japan South Africa Cape Verde Kazakhstan Colombia Korea Costa Rica Cyprus Kyrgyzstan Lesotho Liberia Liechtenstein Lithuania Latvia Luxembourg Hungary Malawi Malta Marshall islands Mauritius Mexico Moldavia Monaco Mongolia Namibia North Macedonia Niue Netherlands + Netherlands Antilles Aruba Norway New Zealand Oman Panama Peru Poland Portugal Austria Romania Russia Greece El Salvador Samoa San Marino Slovakia Slovenia Serbia American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands of the United States Surinam Seychelles Saint Lucia Saint Kitts and Nevis São Tomé and Príncipe Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Spain Eswatini Sweden Switzerland Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Turkey Ukraine Uzbekistan Great Britain + Jersey, the Bailiwick of Guernsey, Isle of Man, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Virgin Islands, British Solomon Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Saint Helena, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands. Vanuatu Venezuela

Super legalization

When applying for a Czech visa you may need to provide different types of documents ( Birth certificate, marriage certificate, criminal records, university diploma ).  If these documents are issued by a country with which the Czech Republic does not have an agreement, then it should be officially translated into the Czech language and super legalized.
Super legalization of foreign documents is authorized by the Czech embassy where the documents are issued, while documents issued in the Czech Republic are authorized by the Czech ministry of foreign affairs.

Afghanistan Albania Algeria Belgium Belorussia Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Montenegro France Georgia Croatia Italy Yemen Korea Cuba Cyprus Kyrgyzstan Hungary North Macedonia Moldavia Mongolia Poland Portugal Austria Romania Russia Greece Slovenia Slovakia Serbia Syria Spain Switzerland Tunisia Ukraine Uzbekistan Vietnam

Apart from getting the apostille and super legalization all documents submitted when applying for long-term (over 90 days) visas must be in Czech or accompanied by an official translation to the Czech language.

Get professional support from Pexpats

Why not make your life easier? Pexpats handles anything and everything expats need: consultation services, fulfilling appointments, filing applications, visiting official offices and much more. Simply book a spot with one of our professional advisors to get started today.

Get assistance

Get in Touch

Please fill the form as accurate as possible, our team is ready to help you make your stay in the Czech Republic a breeze!

Select Your
Citizenship Status
PraguePexpats logo

google stars

“Take charge of your life and time. Use them!”

google stars

“Highly worth the money”

google stars

“I’d call it: Making complicated things easy”

google stars
google stars
google stars
google stars



Our client testimonials speak for themselves, with their success stories the driving force behind our vision of Pexpats.Scan the long list of satisfied clients ahead to see how Pexpats’ can assist.


The proof is in the stars! Join countless success stories of expats who we’ve helped to accurately and quickly file taxes, or to resolve complex legal issues.

  • proof
  • proof
  • proof
  • proof
  • proof

Got Lost?

Pexpats is here today and ready to ease you into life abroad. Find immediate assistance for your expat needs, from freelancing to reporting taxes and legal affairs.

Your own positive testimonial could soon grace our review page!